LEAD PAINT SAFETY AND REMOVAL
Lead is an extremely poisonous metal that can harm a person's health in many different ways, especially young children. The brain and other important organs, including the kidneys, nerves, and blood, can suffer harm when lead is taken into the body.
Along with behavioral issues, learning difficulties, seizures, and in severe cases, death, lead can also cause these conditions. Headaches, stomachaches, nausea, exhaustion, and irritability are some lead poisoning symptoms. Lead poisoning in children may go unnoticed at first.
Deteriorated lead paint mixes with household dust and soil both inside and outside the home, where it is tracked in. Children may be exposed to lead through:
- Putting their hands, or other contaminated items with lead, in their mouths.
- consuming paint chips from homes painted with lead-based paint that is flaking or peeling.
- playing in soil that contains lead.
How can I tell if my house has lead paint?
If your home has lead paint, you can't tell by looking at it. The simplest way to tell if the chemical is inside your house is to look at its age. If your home wasn't updated and was built before 1978, lead-based paint most likely still exists in it. It is more probable to be present in older buildings.
How can I check for lead paint in my house?
Contact a professional lead inspector or a certified lead risk assessor to test your home for lead paint. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) does not advise DIY testing, despite the fact that home test kits are readily available online.
How do I get rid of the lead paint in my house?
You must get rid of, enclose, or encapsulate lead paint if you want to fully safeguard your family from its dangers. The work can be done by a licensed lead abatement contractor, who will take care to keep paint chips and dust at bay. Whichever choice you pick, you should be prepared to spend between $10 and $25 per square foot. The average cost of a project is $18,000, but it can be anything from $13,000 to $38,000.